Victoria House, Bradford
Victoria House, a heritage mill dating back to 1880, is now converted to 62 apartments consisting of 9 en suites, 5 one bed and 48 studio apartments. Whilst this is high specification luxury residential accommodation, care has been taken to retain many of the building’s original period features. The building occupies a prominent position on Akam Road, within walking distance to the City centre and the University and College. The location is perfect for the student market which will enable the development to achieve prime rents and nil voids.
Victoria House is an opportunity to invest in one of the UK’s largest districts with a current growth rate of over 11% compared to the national average of only 7%
- 37,000 students study in Bradford at any one time
- 15% of the University of Bradford students come from over 110 different countries
- The University of Bradford offers World class learning facilities Bradford is an especially vibrant, friendly, creative and cosmopolitan city, where around 70 languages are spoken
- The city has a lively nightlife, a wealth of shops, cinemas, sporting venues and restaurants serving cuisine from all over the world What’s more,
- Bradford is recognised as being one of the least expensive student cities in the UK, so it offers great value for money
- There is art, music and theatre right on your doorstep including; National Media Museum, the Alhambra Theatre which hosts top West End shows and St George’s Hall which offers the best of music, comedy and variety shows.
- Bradford ranks in the top 10 UK centers for potential new retail development according to CACI and the Broadway development will transform the City’s retail and leisure offer by creating a mix of more than 70 fashion, food, and leisure brands.
- Bradford is a vibrant city with ambitious development plans and boasts the 3rd largest economy in the Yorkshire and Humber region, contributing £ 8.3 billion per annum to the UK economy with a population of 522,000, predicted to be the 5th fastest growing city in the UK outside of the capital.
WHY INVEST IN BRADFORD
- Growing population of over 52,000 8.6 million visitors each year
- All time high demand for rental property from well paid city workers and international students.
- One of the largest University institution in Europe
- Third largest economy in Yorkshire
- Record levels of population growth Housing supply at 100-year low
- Buoyant and growing rental market
- Rising rental yields
Over the last 6 years, growth in Bradford’s service industry has meant that there has been a noticeably higher demand from young professionals creating opportunities for city living. Over 40 large companies in total are headquartered in the District, employing 370,000 people with a combined turnover of £30 billion. 250,000+ people in professional and financial services 22,500 people in legal services 160,000 people in engineering & manufacturing services 40,000 people in digital & creative services 2,400 people in textile manufacturing 9,400 people in textile and clothing related industries